Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Accidental Decapitation?

I have a hard time believing someone would spend this much time on a tool to commit suicide. According to this story, a Detroit man built a guillotine to kill himself. They found receipts detailing the material he used to build the device. It was 6ft tall and bolted to a tree.

I think maybe he built it to impress his girlfriend and then accidentally fell down on it, thrusting his head into the little hole thingy and then when he tried to get up, pulled the lever and ka-chunk. Or something.

So, he had to buy wood and parts, build it, and then kill himself. I think I would take pills. And where do you get a guillotine blade? "Bigass blades R us"? It's a good thing he didn't make a mini-guillotine. He would have had to kill himself one chunk at a time.

"I can't even tell you how long it must have taken him to construct," he said. "This man obviously was very determined to end his life."


Yeah, or something.

No comments: